Wednesday, July 17, 2024

Inindo: Way of the Ninja for SNES


Image: MobyGames

Inindo: Way of the Ninja

Maybe when you're more experienced


Genre: rpg - japanese

Publisher: Koei

Year: 1993

System: SNES


Gameplay Score: 1

Gameplay Notes:

Ok I think I have this game a fair shake. I played it for 2 hours and I know I barely scratched the surface but I don't care to invest any more time. It's your typical JRPG with random turn based battles and a host of NPCs to talk to. Problem is that's all there is. The game just feels empty with nothing to do. The first dungeon was ok and so I went to the nearest town. At the Inn I talked to fellow travelers and noticed that they have stats like me and I can Fight or Enlist them! I was excited to build a party so I tried it on several guys and they always said the same thing - "Maybe when you're more experienced". So, I went back to the dungeon to grind. I got up to level 5 and the random battles stopped. No matter how much I walked around one never started. And there are no battles outside of dungeons so I had maxed out. I went back to the town and got the same response. "Maybe when you're more experienced." I walked around aimlessly and found three other towns but everyone there said the same thing. At this point I had no idea where to go or what to do. Anyway, to make a long story short the game has a whole bunch of nothing on it. Like all Koei games there are a ton of menus to traverse but that's as exciting as it gets.


Level Design Score: 1

Level Design Notes:

No idea where to go or what to do. With so many great RPG options on the SNES there's no reason to play this game.


Theme Score: 1

Theme Notes:

Feudal Japan is not an interesting setting for me. There's a big bad guy named Nobunaga but that's about all I know.


Art Style Score: 0

Art Style Notes:

Not even 8 bit quality. The NES and Master System had much better looking games than this.


Audio Score: 2

Audio Notes:

Traditional sounding Japanese music. Not exactly my jam but it fits the theme.


Overall Score: 20

Review ID: 236



No comments:

Post a Comment