Sunday, July 28, 2024

Super Hydlide for Genesis


Image: MobyGames

Super Hydlide

Easily the worst game of the 16 bit era


Genre: adventure - overhead

Publisher: Seismic

Year: 1990

System: Genesis


Gameplay Score: 0

Gameplay Notes:

Zelda clone... in theory. Includes an unbelievably annoying weight system, limiting both what you can carry and what your character can use as a weapon. If you’re overloaded, you are unable to move. After buying a few things at the weapons shop I thought the game was broken. I had to Google it and read about this weight mechanic. So stupid. It makes the game nigh unplayable. Even with a minimal inventory of a knife, a helm, and two food rations I could barely walk. The game has a clock and calendar and it took me 12 game hours to walk from the Shop to the exit to attempt combat. By that time it was night and I started losing HP because I was tired. Then the first slime I met killed me with two seconds. What. The. Heck. This is the worst Zelda clone, the worst adventure title, the worst game I can remember having played. Complete garbage.


Level Design Score: 0

Level Design Notes:

No further comment


Theme Score: 0

Theme Notes:

The opening cutscene is misleading. This game has no redeeming qualities.


Art Style Score: 0

Art Style Notes:

Laughable. The worst looking game I've ever seen.


Audio Score: 1

Audio Notes:

I really wanted to reward this turd with a zero, but the music isn't a total trainwreck. Some is quite decent, but I can't bring myself to recognize it more than this.


Overall Score: 2

Review ID: 1286



No comments:

Post a Comment