Super Hydlide for Genesis
Review #4565
Super Hydlide
Easily the worst game of the 16 bit era
Gameplay
Zelda clone... in theory.
Includes an unbelievably annoying weight system, limiting both what you can carry and what your character can use as a weapon. If you’re overloaded, you are unable to move. After buying a few things at the weapons shop I thought the game was broken. I had to Google it and read about this weight mechanic. So stupid. It makes the game nigh unplayable. Even with a minimal inventory of a knife, a helm, and two food rations I could barely walk. The game has a clock and calendar and it took me 12 game hours to walk from the Shop to the exit to attempt combat. By that time it was night and I started losing HP because I was tired. Then the first slime I met killed me with two seconds.
What. The. Heck.
This is the worst Zelda clone, the worst adventure title, the worst game I can remember having played. Complete garbage.
Level Design
No further comment
Theme
The opening cutscene is misleading. This game has no redeeming qualities.
Art Style
Laughable. The worst looking game I've ever seen.
Audio
I really wanted to reward this turd with a zero, but the music isn't a total trainwreck. Some is quite decent, but I can't bring myself to recognize it more than this.
The only nice thing about this game is the boxart on the packaging.
ReplyDelete