Friday, July 26, 2024

Populous for Genesis


Image: MobyGames

Populous

I hope you've got a guide


Genre: strategy - rts

Publisher: Electronic Arts

Year: 1990

System: Genesis


Gameplay Score: 0

Gameplay Notes:

Baffling. Utterly and completely baffling. What in the world am I supposed to do here? Seriously. There are 20 buttons to select but no explanation about any of them. Move your view and cursor around the map to see the landscape but again, nothing seems to do anything. I figured out how to raise or lower the land but that's the only interactivity I could muster.


Level Design Score: 1

Level Design Notes:

I guess it's cool that the landscape is randomized.


Theme Score: 3

Theme Notes:

I don't mind the God sim motif. And the view is attractive enough with the book open.


Art Style Score: 2

Art Style Notes:

Basic, but nice to look at.


Audio Score: 0

Audio Notes:

Uggh. No music to speak offl, just some rumbling every couple of seconds. The sound fx are awful. A heartbeat incessantly beats.


Overall Score: 12

Review ID: 1165



No comments:

Post a Comment