Friday, July 26, 2024

Pro Moves Soccer for Genesis


Image: MobyGames

Pro Moves Soccer

The cute one


Genre: sports - soccer

Publisher: Asciiware

Year: 1994

System: Genesis


Gameplay Score: 2

Gameplay Notes:

Top-down view. So much better than the isometric view, in my opinion. Computer is really dumb. I stopped doing anything and let the game run for 5 minutes and they never scored. I'm not sure if they even took a shot. They tend to dribble more than pass or shoot. Movement is very strange and highly momentum-based. It takes about a second to ramp up to full speed, at which point you absolutely zip across the field. Sprites have no collision so generally you can just get the ball and run all the way to the net. I couldn't ever score, but this movement was so unique that I wanted to keep playing. Passing and shooting is a bit of a chore. Half the time that I try to shoot I instead slide tackle, even though I have the ball. Maybe it's because I'm running too fast? Who knows.


Level Design Score: 2

Level Design Notes:

Exhibition and tournament.


Theme Score: 2

Theme Notes:

Soccer. I like the cartoony presentation


Art Style Score: 3

Art Style Notes:

Top down view with cute little sprites. Each player has a cartoony avatar and stats showing his strengths and weaknesses.


Audio Score: 1

Audio Notes:


Overall Score: 40

Review ID: 1173



No comments:

Post a Comment