Star Trek: Starfleet Academy for SNES

Review #527

Star Trek: Starfleet Academy

Wing Commander with more menuing

SNES 1995 Interplay Simulation Simulation › Flight
Star Trek: Starfleet Academy screenshot for SNES
Screenshot used for review/reference purposes.
2 / 5

Gameplay

Basically Wing Commander with more menuing.
Simple controls that amount to pressing Select and making a menu selection.
More fun than I thought it would be, but also pretty boring and repetitive.

2 / 5

Level Design

I couldn't figure out how to do anything other than the simulator levels. I used a guide and my knowledge of the classic Star Trek films to figure out what to do. The game pretty much tells you what to do anyway.

4 / 5

Theme

I really liked that they included a couple of storylines from the from classic flicks.
The music and artwork align closely with the source material.

2 / 5

Art Style

Very simple graphics. The space shooter/navigation sections are shown in a tiny sub-window that highlights just how pixelated the graphics are. Nothing to see here.

3 / 5

Audio

Classic music really draws me in. Good stuff. Unfortunately it's only a few seconds long and the other sound effects are generic and unimpressive.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About this Site - Sep 2025 Update

Chrono Trigger for SNES

Super Hydlide for Genesis