Saturday, July 20, 2024

Super Black Bass for SNES


Image: MobyGames

Super Black Bass

Reel bad RNG


Genre: sports - fishing

Publisher: Hot B

Year: 1993

System: SNES


Gameplay Score: 0

Gameplay Notes:

Ok I'm the wrong guy to review fishing games. Is there anything more boring than fishing? How about a video game about fishing? This obviously requires more knowledge about fishing than I have. Controls are simple, but there's precious little gameplay to use them in. Just boat over to a spot with fish, pick a lure, car and hope a fish bites. After it bites there's an unreadable and non intuitive meter that has an arrow moving along an axis for both the fish and the angler (I guess that's me). I just held down on A to reel in the line. Nothing else I did seemed to directly affect the outcome. Actually, holding R or L seemed to break the line so I stopped doing that. So yeah, boring gameplay, of it can even be called that. If repetition and RNG are your thing you might like this.


Level Design Score: 1

Level Design Notes:

Dunno, I didn't finish the first tournament.


Theme Score: 0

Theme Notes:

Fishing


Art Style Score: 1

Art Style Notes:

There's literally nothing to look at. Graphics are extremely simple


Audio Score: 1

Audio Notes:

Very little in the way of audio


Overall Score: 9

Review ID: 555



No comments:

Post a Comment