Puzzle'n Desu! for SFC

Review #2285

Puzzle'n Desu!

The one for savants

SFC 1995 Nichibutsu Puzzle Puzzle › Overhead
Puzzle'n Desu! screenshot for SFC
Screenshot used for review/reference purposes.
2 / 5

Gameplay

Simple, one-button controls. You can do one thing - push blocks. They slide all the way across the screen, so every push is critical. The objective is to complete sets of 3 or more colored blocks. These simple rules, devilish puzzle design, a short time limit, only two "lives", a pause screen that hides the puzzle, and no way to reset or retry a puzzle, all combine to create one of the most difficult puzzle games I've ever played. I realy want to love this game, because it's brilliant, but you have to be even more brilliant to be able to play it.

2 / 5

Level Design

The puzzles are too difficult. Remember those sliding block puzzles from Majora's Mask and Zelda: Twilight Princess? Imagine a game made of nothing else, but with no ability to reset the puzzle. Good grief! I tapped out at level stage 2-6.

4 / 5

Theme

You play as a cute, androgenous character wearing a gnome hat. The cutscenes are fun and dynamic. I don't know who these guys are, but I like it.

4 / 5

Art Style

Cute, colorful, and clear. the graphics do their job nicely.

3 / 5

Audio

Upbeat music which unfortunately gets annoying while your poor brain strains to figure out the puzzles. Something slower would've fit the game better.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About this Site - Sep 2025 Update

Chrono Trigger for SNES

Super Hydlide for Genesis