Wednesday, July 24, 2024

Fantasia for Genesis


Image: MobyGames

Fantasia

The worst Mickey Mouse game


Genre: action - platform

Publisher: Sega

Year: 1991

System: Genesis


Gameplay Score: 1

Gameplay Notes:

Incredibly laggy movement. You can bop enemies but only if you hold down midair. I never would've guessed this and so I spent 15 minutes trying to finish the first level using pacifist approach. I then watched the demo and saw his bopping enemies so I experiemented until I figured out this bizarre mechanic. Some of the worst hit detection I've ever encountered.


Level Design Score: 1

Level Design Notes:

I don't know not do I care. The gameplay is so horrible that I spent 30 minutes and only saw two levels. They're standard fare but are stupid hard because of the insane lag.


Theme Score: 1

Theme Notes:

Fantasia. Who thought that would make a good game?


Art Style Score: 2

Art Style Notes:

Unlike most Disney titles this one looks pretty bad. The sprites are ok but animate poorly. Backgrounds are alright but the foreground is loaded with assets that obscure your view.


Audio Score: 1

Audio Notes:

For a game about music you'd think it would be good but man is it awful. And the sound effects are a step below the music. Disney should ask for a refund on this game.


Overall Score: 22

Review ID: 910



No comments:

Post a Comment