GP-1 for SNES

Review #207

GP-1

I thought bikes were more nimble that cars

SNES 1993 Atlus Racing Racing › Bike
GP-1 screenshot for SNES
Screenshot used for review/reference purposes.
1 / 5

Gameplay

Very small margins for error. Go into the grass and you lose nearly all speed. And your turning is so slow you'll be going off-road a lot.
Changing direction takes a lot of time and effort. There's a long animation showing you shift your weight and lean in that direction. I get that it's realistic but it makes for some really bad controls.
As a sim I guess it's ok but as a game it's not much fun.
The game tried to compensate by sort of steering you around the path. In other words, if you don't touch the d-pad you're pushed along the track in the right direction. Kind of weird

2 / 5

Level Design

Dunno. I don't have the stomach to play more tracks. The first one had a ton of turns so it's sink or swim right off the bat. I sank
Really long tracks (1-2 min laps)

1 / 5

Theme

Typical racing game without a soul. Just qualify then race.

3 / 5

Art Style

Impressive animation of your bike. Nice HUD. However the tracks are flat and boring and the view is too low to see into the distance.

0 / 5

Audio

Mute this game. You're welcome

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About this Site - Sep 2025 Update

Chrono Trigger for SNES

Super Hydlide for Genesis