Wednesday, July 17, 2024

Home Alone 2: Lost In New York for SNES


Image: MobyGames

Home Alone 2: Lost In New York

The franchise killer


Genre: action - platform

Publisher: T*HQ

Year: 1992

System: SNES


Gameplay Score: 1

Gameplay Notes:

Worse than original - now just get past env obstacles like luggage or vacuums that are moving of their own volition Same 40% draw distance issue Bad hit detection


Level Design Score: 1

Level Design Notes:

Stood on a garbage can next to elevators for 5 minutes as luggage zoomed and jumped past me before I wondered what I was doing with my life. I was trapped on the screen and thought I had to wait out the storm like it was a mini boss. The music had changed and screen had locked after all. Turns out I had to drop down and hit the elevator button five times. Yaknkw, like in real life. I was then treated to a 90 second ride to the 11th floor. Okey dokey


Theme Score: 0

Theme Notes:

Not again. Stop please


Art Style Score: 1

Art Style Notes:

Somehow worse than the NES quality, boring as hell original. Now it looks like it's out of focus. Poor attempt at shading guys. Looks like you smeared everything in vaseline


Audio Score: 1

Audio Notes:

Make it stop. Three measures of doo-dooty-doo theme music played over and over, raising an octave 4 times before repeating the cycle. Worst jump sound ever. Like scraping your fingernail across a metallic comb


Overall Score: 19

Review ID: 222



No comments:

Post a Comment