Friday, July 19, 2024

Rise of the Phoenix for SNES


Image: MobyGames

Rise of the Phoenix

Maybe it picks up after the first hour


Genre: strategy - 4x

Publisher: Koei

Year: 1995

System: SNES


Gameplay Score: 1

Gameplay Notes:

Koei completely removed the resource management gameplay from the standard Koei formula. Spent an hour with it and never experienced a battle. Couldn't get anything interesting to happen. I like the engine, I think, but I can't get anything to happen.


Level Design Score: 1

Level Design Notes:

No idea. Couldn't get into anything resembling gameplay.


Theme Score: 1

Theme Notes:

Unskippable opening cutscene I don't know Chinese history. The theme and setting do nothing for me.


Art Style Score: 2

Art Style Notes:


Audio Score: 3

Audio Notes:

Nice music


Overall Score: 26

Review ID: 460



No comments:

Post a Comment