Saturday, July 27, 2024

Rugby World Cup '95 for Genesis


Image: MobyGames

Rugby World Cup '95

Scrummy game design


Genre: sports - rugby

Publisher: Electronic Arts

Year: 1994

System: Genesis


Gameplay Score: 0

Gameplay Notes:

Uhh. I have no idea what's happening, but I'm fairly certain I'm not participating. Stiff is just happening on screen. Every now and then one of my players gets the ball and is immediately tracked or else I weakly kick the ball a few yards to the other team. Then they get talked and a dogpile ensues. Rinse. Repeat. I played for for a while and never did figure out what to do. Hard pass.


Level Design Score: 1

Level Design Notes:

I mean, it looks like they've modeled the game well. I just have no idea what is going on. I'm guessing the object is to get the ball into the end zone but what do I know? This has fewer settings than most EA Sports titles. No difficulty levels or rule tweaks.


Theme Score: 3

Theme Notes:

Looks pretty interesting. If like to figure out what's going on but I'm at a complete loss.


Art Style Score: 2

Art Style Notes:

Tiny sprites on an enormous field. Looks like a zoomed out FIFA game. Animation isn't great but I guess that's too be expected with 30+ sprites on screen.


Audio Score: 3

Audio Notes:

Good crowd noise and ok menu music


Overall Score: 18

Review ID: 1214



No comments:

Post a Comment