World Heroes for Genesis

Review #4682

World Heroes

The worst Neo Geo port

Genesis 1994 Sega Fighting Fighting › 1v1
World Heroes screenshot for Genesis
Screenshot used for review/reference purposes.
1 / 5

Gameplay

SF2 clone right down to having an analog for Ryu (Hanzo) and Ken (Fuuma)
Simplified controls give you only a punch, kick, and throw button although you can double the buttons in the options.
Movement is horrible, but for a different reason than the SNES game. In that one you slide around like the you're on ice. In this one the game is running at a few frames per second so you're moving at half speed. This makes hit detection awful and the gameplay completely absent.

2 / 5

Level Design

I was going to praise it for having arenas with side walls that deal damage but after a few fights I realized that there are only two arenas - a boxing ring and a cage with the side wall. It was novel but now I'm bored with the arenas.
Story and versus modes

3 / 5

Theme

Bonkers sci fi setting including elements of aliens and time travel in the far flung future. Weird but fun

1 / 5

Art Style

Looks good. I like the cartoony artwork.
Sprites are large and chunky.
Character models are interesting
Animation is horrible and the framerate is unacceptable. Despite the great artwork I have to knock it down here.

3 / 5

Audio

It's alright

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About this Site - Sep 2025 Update

Super Hydlide for Genesis

Chrono Trigger for SNES