Monday, July 29, 2024

WWF WrestleMania: The Arcade Game for Genesis


Image: MobyGames

WWF WrestleMania: The Arcade Game

Mortal Kombat: The Wrestling Game


Genre: fighting - wrestling

Publisher: Acclaim Entertainment

Year: 1995

System: Genesis


Gameplay Score: 1

Gameplay Notes:

Plays more like a 1v1 fighting game than wrestling which I guess is a good thing. Only problem is I can't figure out any special moves so my opponent destroys me. Must win best 2 of 3 like a 1v1 fighter. Controls like a Mortal Kombat game with long animations and horrible hit detection.


Level Design Score: 1

Level Design Notes:

No modes to choose from. Just a Punch Out style series of bouts to play thru.


Theme Score: 2

Theme Notes:

Only 6 wrestlers to choose from? Looks and sounds like an arcade game...if you like that sort of thing. I don’t.


Art Style Score: 1

Art Style Notes:

I hate the MK-inspired prerendered crap. Animation is good so I have to give it that much.


Audio Score: 1

Audio Notes:

I miss the days when wrestling games had no music. This stuff is complete trash. Luckily you can disable it. The sounds are very clear and satisfying although the announcer's voices are repetitive and annoying. "Pin him!" "That's gotta hurt" are played on replay


Overall Score: 21

Review ID: 1413



No comments:

Post a Comment