Magical Drop for SFC
Review #2218
Magical Drop
Ca-ca-ca-can't make a combo to save my life
Gameplay
It's a match three game where you pick up and then drop tiles. The gimmick is great, like a reverse bust a move, but creating combos is very difficult.
I've always enjoyed playing Magical Drop, but I just suck at it. I know how to play, I just can't figure out how to play well. So I always lose in versus matches and only last about 4 minutes in the endless mode. I can't even finish the 5th puzzle. I want to love it because it's fun and satisfying to slap the tiles down but I just can't do it.
Level Design
Modes include:
Story, 2P VS, Endless, Puzzle
I really wish there were difficulty levels because again I can't play it more than a few minutes at a time before losing.
Theme
Absolutely adorable setting. Like an Akira Toriyama designed medieval world. I like that you can see your character in the background art while you're playing.
Art Style
Super colorful and cartoony graphics. It lacks the effects of the arcade and Neo Geo titles. Otherwise looks pretty good.
Audio
Lively music which matches the theme perfectly. The puzzle theme is way too short of a track so it gets annoying very quickly. But the sample noises sound great. Oh, and so do the voice samples.
Comments
Post a Comment