Thursday, August 8, 2024

Metal Max Returns for SFC


Image: MobyGames

Metal Max Returns

Mad at Max


Genre: rpg - japanese

Publisher: Data East

Year: 1995

System: SFC


Gameplay Score: 2

Gameplay Notes:

Plays like an old school, pre FF IV game. Terrible inventory and menu features. Movement is fine and you can make the message speed fast and it advanced for you but it still has way too many text boxes like the old games. The gimmick is the use of vehicles and tanks but after 2 hours I only found one tank but no vehicle so I couldn't even get the tank. I assume there's more depth to the gameplay but I'm not having fun so I'm done.


Level Design Score: 1

Level Design Notes:

I talked to everyone but still have no idea how I advance the story to get and use the tank. I'm so thoroughly confused as to how to play this game.


Theme Score: 4

Theme Notes:

I love the premise of using guns and tanks to kill monsters rather than swords and magic. It's like playing as Edgar from FFVI.


Art Style Score: 2

Art Style Notes:

NES quality graphics. Huge step back compared to other late gen RPGs.


Audio Score: 3

Audio Notes:

I enjoyed the songs but there are only. A couple of them. Not much variety. And they're repetitive.


Overall Score: 39

Review ID: 1754



No comments:

Post a Comment