Thursday, August 8, 2024

O-Chan no Oekaki Logic for SFC


Image: MobyGames

O-Chan no Oekaki Logic

Picross that's unplayable for multiple reasons


Genre: puzzle - overhead

Publisher: Sunsoft

Year: 1995

System: SFC


Gameplay Score: 0

Gameplay Notes:

It's Picross. A sets, B crosses out, Y erases, and X makes the cell grey for some reason. As you'd expect, none of the QoL features from later versions are here, like setting everything in a row that isn't already set. It all works as expected, except with two fatal flaws - the game doesn't tell you when you've made a mistake, and the level doesn't end! I've completely filled out multiple puzzles but no matter what I do, the counter keeps ticking and the game lets me continue playing. What is even happening here? Suffice it to say, there are much better Picross options out there than this game.


Level Design Score: 0

Level Design Notes:

I found multiple puzzles that have impossible solutions. No joke. I wish I could grab a screenshot to show what I'm talking about, but trust me when I say that this dumb puzzle game has puzzles with no valid solution. What. The. Heck. If you don't believe me, try #222


Theme Score: 1

Theme Notes:

Sunsoft's Herebeke crew stars here. Unfortunately, there's so much Japanese text in the menus that you have no idea how to start a game or what configuration options are available. This game is basically unplayable without knowing Japanese. This game is basically unplayable without knowing Japanese.


Art Style Score: 3

Art Style Notes:

The graphics are about as good as you could expect in a Picross game, plus the Herebeke mascots are cute.


Audio Score: 3

Audio Notes:

Sunsoft was always good in the audio department.


Overall Score: 13

Review ID: 1776



No comments:

Post a Comment