Friday, August 9, 2024

Shin Megami Tensei II for SFC


Image: MobyGames

Shin Megami Tensei II

Auto battles and worse story


Genre: rpg - dungeon

Publisher: Atlus

Year: 1994

System: SFC


Gameplay Score: 3

Gameplay Notes:

Same as this first game but with one nice improvement - an auto-battle feature. This makes grinding a lot easier, and thank goodness because that's the only thing I could figure out to do. Otherwise this is a carbon copy of the first game.


Level Design Score: 2

Level Design Notes:

The areas and objective are even more confusing than the original. What am I supposed to do here?


Theme Score: 3

Theme Notes:

The game drops you into the middle of a story. I'm so confused about where I am, who I am, and what I'm trying to achieve. I still.lile the demon Pokemon concept, but some direction would be nice.


Art Style Score: 3

Art Style Notes:

Same


Audio Score: 3

Audio Notes:

Same


Overall Score: 55

Review ID: 1833



No comments:

Post a Comment