Friday, August 9, 2024

Simulation Pro Yakyuu for SFC


Image: MobyGames

Simulation Pro Yakyuu

Turn-based...ball


Genre: sports - baseball

Publisher: Hect

Year: 1995

System: SFC


Gameplay Score: 4

Gameplay Notes:

They're not kidding when then call this a simulation game. Rather than controlling players directly, you instead pick a spot in the strike zone (from a 3x3 grid) and a pitch. Once selected, the game plays out for you, including all of the fielding and baserunning. As much as I like an arcadey sports title, I really enjoyed this experience too. In fact, I played a full 9 inning game to get the complete experience. What a pleasant surprise.


Level Design Score: 3

Level Design Notes:

There's quite a bit of configuration and menuing required to get into a game. I couldn't figure out how to do anything besides a season mode. I'll bet there are other modes but the language barrier makes it hard to find them.


Theme Score: 2

Theme Notes:

Again, there's a significant language barrier. All teams from the Japanese league are here, with full rosters and stats. At least I think they're all here. It's all in Japanese so I'm not sure who is who. Hideo Nomo and Ichiro are probably here but I can't tell for sure.


Art Style Score: 2

Art Style Notes:

Not a pretty looking game, I'm afraid. Animations are choppy at best, and embarrasingly as worst. Don't expect much and you won't be disappointed.


Audio Score: 3

Audio Notes:

There's not much to say here. You've got an unobtrusive decent crowd noise and a few voice samples, but not much else. It's not annoying, like so many sports titles, but bring your own soundtrack, for sure.


Overall Score: 67

Review ID: 1839



No comments:

Post a Comment