Simulation Pro Yakyuu for SFC

Review #2318

Simulation Pro Yakyuu

Turn-based...ball

SFC 1995 Hect Sports Sports › Baseball
Simulation Pro Yakyuu screenshot for SFC
Screenshot used for review/reference purposes.
4 / 5

Gameplay

They're not kidding when then call this a simulation game. Rather than controlling players directly, you instead pick a spot in the strike zone (from a 3x3 grid) and a pitch. Once selected, the game plays out for you, including all of the fielding and baserunning.

As much as I like an arcadey sports title, I really enjoyed this experience too. In fact, I played a full 9 inning game to get the complete experience. What a pleasant surprise.

3 / 5

Level Design

There's quite a bit of configuration and menuing required to get into a game. I couldn't figure out how to do anything besides a season mode. I'll bet there are other modes but the language barrier makes it hard to find them.

2 / 5

Theme

Again, there's a significant language barrier. All teams from the Japanese league are here, with full rosters and stats. At least I think they're all here. It's all in Japanese so I'm not sure who is who. Hideo Nomo and Ichiro are probably here but I can't tell for sure.

2 / 5

Art Style

Not a pretty looking game, I'm afraid. Animations are choppy at best, and embarrasingly as worst. Don't expect much and you won't be disappointed.

3 / 5

Audio

There's not much to say here. You've got an unobtrusive decent crowd noise and a few voice samples, but not much else. It's not annoying, like so many sports titles, but bring your own soundtrack, for sure.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About this Site - Sep 2025 Update

Chrono Trigger for SNES

Super Hydlide for Genesis