Slayers for SFC
Review #2319
Slayers
Sailor Moon meets Army of Darkness
Gameplay
Plays like a 1991 release. Slow movement, A opens a menu, terrible inventory, etc etc etc. The battle mode is also bare bones. What really gets me is that you begin SO underpowered! It was a mighty struggle to survive the first first and escape the first dungeon. And then I couldn't figure out where to go. We'll get into that when we talk about the Level Design, but holy moly does this game want you to stop playing.
Level Design
Utter trash. The first dungeon is about two screens across and you're so underpowered that it's nearly impossible to win more than a couple of fights. Survive that and you get dropped into a town with next to nothing in it. You can leave town and instead of walking an overworld to travel to a new place you pick a town from a list. I talked to everyone and could not find anything else to do. So, I guess I'm done? Roll credits.
Theme
You're a group of sexualized googly eyed anime girls. Think Sailor Moon, but in medieval England. The dialogue and story are confusing, muddled, and uninteresting. It's got a unique vibe, but I could not care less about what's happening.
Art Style
The battle view is ok, but not impressive. It reminds me of Lufia 1. But the overhead sections are decidedly NES quality. Yuck
Audio
Horrible music. I muted it after a few minutes and would only turn it back on to see if there was a new track to hear.
Comments
Post a Comment