Thursday, July 18, 2024

King Arthur and the Knights of Justice for SNES


Image: MobyGames

King Arthur and the Knights of Justice

Secret of Monotony


Genre: adventure - overhead

Publisher: Enix

Year: 1995

System: SNES


Gameplay Score: 1

Gameplay Notes:

Obvious clone of Secret of Mana but with much lower production values. Control is ok until you get into a fight. Attacks have an indiscernible attack range and enemies have indeterminate hit boxes so it's a total crapshoot. Takes seven seconds for your attack to recharge. SEVEN SECONDS. SoM only took a couple of seconds which seemed long but this is an eternity. Your two companions have some of the worst AI I've ever seen. Battles generally just require you to watch them take care of bad guys but they often don't see the enemies who themselves are morons. It's horrible all around.


Level Design Score: 1

Level Design Notes:

I wandered around for an hour, no joke, and never found my first objective. I remember getting a sneak peak of this at Enix of America headquarters and I told the producer who showed it to me that I couldn't make heads or tails of what to do or where to go. Head scratching level design, especially with no map. Uggh


Theme Score: 3

Theme Notes:

I guess this is based on a cartoon. I've never seen it. But King Arthur is cool I guess. Better than a generic medieval setting.


Art Style Score: 2

Art Style Notes:

Looks ok but animation is minimal and the world is just samey. There's nothing interesting to look at.


Audio Score: 2

Audio Notes:

I initially thought the music was ok but wow did it get annoying quickly. The sounds are laughable, especially since they don't match up with the on screen action. Like watching a 70s kung fu flick.


Overall Score: 26

Review ID: 272



No comments:

Post a Comment