Sunday, July 28, 2024

Theme Park for Genesis


Image: MobyGames

Theme Park

My kids play this in Roblox


Genre: strategy - rts

Publisher: Electronic Arts

Year: 1995

System: Genesis


Gameplay Score: 4

Gameplay Notes:

Controls work well despite using a controller. Camera pans when your cursor approached edge off screen. Placing attractions and whatnot is imprecise due to the isometric perspective but it's manageable. Everything moves fast and frantic. It's like a fast moving SimCity. Build attractions, connect them with walkways and queues, and monitor key indicators which show how successful your design is. Fun


Level Design Score: 3

Level Design Notes:

I quickly reacted a point where I was watching rather than building. I didn't get past the first level but I imagine there are lots of scenarios to deal with. I could see it getting old tho. Not sure how to keep this fresh and engaging. The thought of starting over doesn't sound appealing. I would probably rather tweak the same place


Theme Score: 5

Theme Notes:

Adorable aesthetic User generated content was a novel idea back in the 90s. Love the idea


Art Style Score: 4

Art Style Notes:

Again adorable. Sprites run around and everything animates. Lovely use of color.


Audio Score: 2

Audio Notes:

Music is cute but unbearably repetitive. I muted it after a couple of minutes


Overall Score: 72

Review ID: 1321



No comments:

Post a Comment