Monday, July 22, 2024

World Cup USA '94 for SNES


Image: MobyGames

World Cup USA '94

The worst one


Genre: sports - soccer

Publisher: US Gold

Year: 1994

System: SNES


Gameplay Score: 0

Gameplay Notes:

I thought Tony Meolo had cryptic menus. This game beats that one hands down. I spent 10 minutes menuing before I was able to play a game. During that time I somehow made the computer play itself offscreen three times before I was able to control my own squad. I still have no idea what combination of button and icon let me play an actual game. Opponents move about 50% faster than your team. Game moves so fast you basically have no control. Maybe I turned on permanent turbo mode in my menuing. Impossible to pass without an opponent stealing the ball. Couldn't get the ball to the opponents side of the pitch. Couldn't take a single shot.


Level Design Score: 1

Level Design Notes:

Tons of options so maybe there are a bunch of modes. I have no idea and no energy to figure it out.


Theme Score: 1

Theme Notes:

I hate soccer


Art Style Score: 1

Art Style Notes:

Teeny tiny sprites down from a birds eye view only barely bigger than those in Sensible Soccer. Very minimalist


Audio Score: 1

Audio Notes:

Crowd noise


Overall Score: 10

Review ID: 700



No comments:

Post a Comment