Tuesday, August 6, 2024

Der Langrisser for SFC


Image: MobyGames

Der Langrisser

aka Warsong 2


Genre: strategy - turn-based tactics

Publisher: NCS

Year: 1995

System: SFC


Gameplay Score: 3

Gameplay Notes:

I really want to love this game, and its prequel, but it's just not quite good enough to recommend. I have two key complaints 1. Battles take FOREVER. As much as I like this genre, the huge number of units in this game makes each turn take so blasted long. 2. Battle outcomes are still wildly random. This is my chief complaint. I wish it were more predictable. If I get the Rock-Paper-Scissors setup correctly then I should do well in the battle. Period. Anyway, the rest of the game is good but those two complaints weigh it down considerably.


Level Design Score: 4

Level Design Notes:

I actually really enjoyed the stages. There's a story throughout that adds a lot of interest to the proceedings.


Theme Score: 4

Theme Notes:

Nice story. Rescue and then protect the girl.


Art Style Score: 4

Art Style Notes:

Lovely graphics. Large step up from the original, which itself had attractive graphics for the most part.


Audio Score: 4

Audio Notes:

Nice music that doesn't annoy or inspire. I enjoyed it anyway.


Overall Score: 70

Review ID: 1589



No comments:

Post a Comment