Wednesday, August 7, 2024

Hercules no Eikou III for SFC


Image: MobyGames

Hercules no Eikou III

More Zero than Hero


Genre: rpg - japanese

Publisher: Data East

Year: 1992

System: SFC


Gameplay Score: 1

Gameplay Notes:

Extremely safe and standard turn based RPG gameplay. The problem is that you are so slow! You can only survive 3 or 4 fights before you have to retreat to recover your health. I grinded for 2 hours and only got to level 4 but enemies were still destroying me. Terrible


Level Design Score: 1

Level Design Notes:

Mystifying. It looks normal but for the life of me I couldn't get beyond the first area. I had no idea where to go or what to do. I found a castle that was impossible to enter because two guards blocked the entrance, and a village with nothing of value in it. What gives?


Theme Score: 2

Theme Notes:

You're a demigod suffering from amnesia (naturally). Ho hum. Tell me something I didn't know already. I'm intrigued, and I'm sure there's a story and whatever, but the game's stupid design makes it impossible to experience it.


Art Style Score: 2

Art Style Notes:

NES quality, all around.


Audio Score: 3

Audio Notes:

The tunes aren't bad.


Overall Score: 27

Review ID: 1671



No comments:

Post a Comment