Thursday, July 25, 2024

King Salmon for Genesis


Image: MobyGames

King Salmon

Well this is different. Still terrible but different


Genre: sports - fishing

Publisher: Vic Tokai

Year: 1992

System: Genesis


Gameplay Score: 0

Gameplay Notes:

Different experience than all the bass fishing games, but man is it confusing and frustrating. Instead of puttering around a lake and casting a line, you drag a lure behind your boat and hope that a school of fish runs over it and bites the lure. This happens maybe 5% of the time and both times I hooked a fish I could not reel it in. Not fun in any way, shape or form.


Level Design Score: 1

Level Design Notes:

Reeling in a fish is far more complicated than the bass fishing games. I couldn't get the fish less than 300 ft for my boat before I lost it. Super frustrating I guess if you really like fishing and understand drag and rods and line and lures and whatnot you might enjoy this. But a simulation heavy fishing game is not my idea of fun.


Theme Score: 0

Theme Notes:

Fishing. At least it's not a hill billy Southern theme


Art Style Score: 1

Art Style Notes:

Your boat and the water and the fish. All look horrible. Your boat is teeny tiny as are the schools of fish and they're barely discernible in the poorly animated and strange looking water. The menus and font of the text look decent but that's about the best looking thing in this game.


Audio Score: 2

Audio Notes:

The music and sound aren't half bad but they're also nothing I would want to listen to outside of this game. Actually I don't want to listen to it in this game cuz that would mean I'm playing it.


Overall Score: 11

Review ID: 1020



No comments:

Post a Comment