Sunday, July 28, 2024

Uncharted Waters for Genesis


Image: MobyGames

Uncharted Waters

Sailing. Takes me away to where I've always heard it could be.


Genre: rpg - western

Publisher: Koei

Year: 1992

System: Genesis


Gameplay Score: 2

Gameplay Notes:

Sailing is significantly better than the SNES version. No need to worry about wind direction, just go. What I wouldn't give for a map. I left port and wandered until I ran out of supplies and died. There might be a good game here but I couldn't find it. Understandable menus which is nice.


Level Design Score: 1

Level Design Notes:

unclear objectives. Am I supposed to load up with cargo and trade at other ports? Where are those ports? Where's the cargo? What am I doing?


Theme Score: 4

Theme Notes:

I like the idea and your backstory as the ambitious son of a seaman. I like the open world concept.


Art Style Score: 2

Art Style Notes:

NES+ Anime style headshots with tiny simple chibi sprites


Audio Score: 3

Audio Notes:

Ok music. Not as good as the SNES version. Easily the best thing about the game.


Overall Score: 39

Review ID: 1360



No comments:

Post a Comment