Road Rash for Sega CD
Review #12102
Road Rash
I hope you like early 90s rock music
Gameplay
Same gameplay as previous games on the Genesis, but with an ever so slightly smoother experience.
Level Design
The tracks all play out the same as previous games, albeit with pedestrians, for some reason. However, this time you can choose between the standard season mode and a new arcade mode where you can just jump into one of six races.
Theme
The 90s attitude gets dialed up to 11 with pangry rock music and over the top, edgy, sexualized cutscenes between races. It's a bit much, and the product of an era that I have no nostalgia for.
Art Style
It's got the rendered sprites from RR3, which I didn't like, but with much improved performance. I still prefer the hand drawn sprites from 1 and 2. The background looks amazing, with tons of parallax scrolling. This is the best looking game in the series.
Audio
Truly horrific sound effects and drowned out by licensed songs from bands like Soundgarden and...uh...a few other rock bands I've never heard of. I muted this game.
Comments
Post a Comment